Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Fun Stuff and Friday Favorites

I usually end up sharing about 4 or 5 different things that I find throughout the week on Facebook, whether it be other blogs, videos, what not. SO I decided to do a collection of things that I am IN LOVE with this week and think you should go read, look at, pass along, cry over.. whatever you feel led to do.

Some of these are oldies but goodies that I read about once a month just because it touched me so deeply, some are ones that are new this week.

1) The Stuff of Good Relationships: Confrontation and Commitment 
      First: I love love love her writing.
      B: She writes this amazing piece on doing something to hurt a friend and how she and said friend overcame it. I teared up a little when I read this. Friendships are SO NOT PERFECT. We are all going to make mistakes and hurt each other. The point is to be able to talk about it healthily and work through it together. Be committed to the friendship. True friends do that. Just the same as it should work in a relationship too.

2) The 5 Pillars of Manhood
    --I'm a little out of my element on this one; I realize this. I am a single woman. However, there is so much truth written here that  women of God can identify. And its genuinely meant as an encouragement to the men in my life and even men I don't know who will read this.

"Men take the lead, protect at all costs, provide in every way, live by your word and live a life of adventure with the Holy Spirit — obey God, not man and you will be the man of God you were created to be — and your woman will love you for it."

As a woman, I'll vouch for that every day of the week. 

   --Beautifully written and so very true. I just talked with my youth girls Sunday about having a TRUE relationship with Jesus and how just indescribably awesome it is. THIS is how you get that relationship. 

4) Dayenu: It would have been enough
  --This post brought me to tears. Literally. We live in the reality of God's goodness and God's promises fulfilled through Jesus Christ. Why isn't that enough? And if He did nothing more, would that be enough for our praise and trust?

Also the picture at the bottom of that one melts my heart.. and kinda makes me wanna go to Africa and bring her home with me.

I love finding new stuff--so if you have something you wanna share, send it to me. I'd love to read it and share with you!




1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for passing on the link to Dayenu--I'm glad you were blessed. I hope you have a good and peace-filled day =)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. More than you know. Leave your thoughts on the post here and check out the "Contact Me" page and shoot me an email! I wanna know you!